San Francisco Bay Area:
Blessed Sacrament Roman Catholic Church
1150 Mellus Street
Martinez, California 94553
1606 Imperial Avenue
Modesto, California 95368
Pre-Vatican II Mass & Sacraments, Benediction of the Most Blessed Sacrament
Modesto Masses Sundays: 9:00 AM
Martinez Masses Sundays: 8:00 AM and 10:00 AM (normally High Mass)
A word to newcomers:
Welcome! If you are a Catholic who is thinking about coming back to the traditional Latin Mass, you probably have a few questions. We have remained faithful to the traditional Latin Mass and Sacraments not out of nostalgia, love of Latin, nor "disobedience", but because it is the Catholic thing to do. The traditional Mass is the perfect expression of the unchanging and unchangeable Catholic teaching of the nature of the Mass and the Holy Eucharist, as well as a refuge from; and antidote to; the myriad false teachings and sacrilegious practices, that have found their way into our parishes as a result of the New Liturgy and the "changes" in the Church. We have the right to assist at the traditional Mass, guaranteed in perpetuity by Pope St. Pius V that no one can take away from us. Moreover, we have a duty to assist at this Mass so we can save our souls.
You are most welcome to join us at Holy Mass, but if you wish to receive Holy Communion please observe the following:
1. Be a Roman Catholic validly baptized with the Traditional Latin Ceremony. If you were baptized in the New English Rite after May 15, 1969, please contact the priest.
2. Be in a state of sanctifying grace, that is, free from mortal sin, having made a good confession to a traditional Catholic priest.
3. Accept and believe all traditional doctrinal and moral teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, especially regarding marriage. If you received an annulment you must bring this to the attention of the priest before receiving Holy Communion.
4. Be fasting for at least three hours from solid food and alcoholic beverages, and at least one hour from liquids. Water may be taken at any time. Note all are encouraged to fast from midnight (Apostolic Fast).
5. Assist exclusively at the traditional Latin Mass. Anyone attending the modern, so-called New Mass or any New Church-sponsored Latin Masses (Indult Masses) may not receive the sacraments here.
Please feel free to contact the priest in all concerns you may have.